School in Wales
For our international students, St. Clare’s School offers the opportunity to gain a first class education and highly prized British qualifications that are respected and recognised around the world and a fantastic chance to immerse themselves in true British multicultural society and heritage.
Independent School in UK
The picturesque historic buildings and beautiful coastal setting of St. Clare’s School have inspired students for decades and our international students especially enjoy studying here. After A-Levels,, many of our students gain places at the most competitive Russell Group universities, including Oxford, Exeter and Cardiff.
Study Abroad – Choose St. Clare's School
- St. Clare’s is a small, friendly independent school in South Wales, located within 11 acres of picturesque grounds on the Glamorgan Heritage Coastline.
- The school is 40 minutes from Cardiff Airport, which is well served by KLM and Air France.
- The aim of St Clare’s School is to develop each pupil’s potential to create independent and critical thinkers. We are confident that our pupils will acquire the skills to communicate effectively and to actively participate in society.
- Our emphasis on small class sizes within a strong, supportive school community enables us to provide a first class education to every pupil.
- St. Clare’s School provides a wide range of opportunities for all pupils in a stimulating and encouraging environment, including the Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards, sport, Young Enterprise and science competitions
- 91% of GCSE grades were 4+ (A*/C), 43.5% were 7+ (A), compared with UK national averages of 67% and 20.6% respectively. 25% of all grades were 8 or 9, 10.6% were 9 (A**).
- 65% of A level grades were A*/B and 40% were at A*/A, compared with UK national averages of 51% and 25% respectively.
- 100% of students advanced to university in 2019, with destinations including Oxford, Cardiff and Exeter.
All potential candidates for GCSE and A-Level courses will be assessed through interview and written examination. Grades and references from previous academic establishments will also be taken into account when making a decision about a candidate’s suitability for a place at St. Clare’s School.
To study the GCSE programme you will need to demonstrate an English language level equivalent to the following:
To qualify for the A-Level programme you will need to demonstrate an English language level equivalent to the following:
Students enrolled on an A-Level course are accepted on the strict understanding that progress will be reviewed at key stages including the end of the first half-term. The School reserves the right to require a longer probationary period, or a change of course entirely , in the light of that review.
International Academic Fees 2019/2020
|Per term||Per Annum|
|A Level Years 12/13||£4,900||£14,700|
|GCSE Year 11||£4,850||£14,550|
|GCSE Year 10||£4,800||£14,400|
|EAL Support||Up to £1,950||Up to 5,850|
|International Registration Fee||£50|
|International Fees: One year's fees to be paid in advance of the start of the academic year by bank draft or telegraphic transfer|
|From Year 10 upwards, examination fees will be charged in addition to school fees.|